I’d like for you to do me a favor today. I’m going to be brief because I’ve got a question and it won’t take long to ask it… nor for you to answer it.
How did we meet?
What I’m really curious about is how did we first cross paths?
In eighteen years of being online and creating businesses, products and services, I’ve done a lot of different things.
So just as someone might end up in the heart of the city by entering from any number of freeways, highways or side-streets, so also have the people who know me come to do so through a variety of avenues.
As we now interact and engage with social media so regularly, I thought it would be interested to go back to the beginning… seek out the origins of how those connections came to be.
Some of you are acquainted with my work from the previous decade, while others first learned about me from an application, a book or through social media.
I would really appreciate it if you would take just a moment to leave a comment below and tell me the story of how you first encountered me. And if we have met face-to-face, I’d really like to know where it happened and what you recall of our meeting!
I am very interested in making connections, so rest assured that I will be reading every comment posted.
And as an extra incentive, I’ll be giving away a copy of one of my books to one person who leaves a comment. The winner will be able to choose from my catalog and I’ll ship it to you personally autographed!
So, here are some of the ways you may have first encountered me. Please let me know if any of these represent you, or let me know if there is a way that I may have left off the list.
- Worldvillage.com (I used to run a virtual community and had one of the first live chat rooms on the web)
- Yahoo! Games
- Internet Family Fun: The Parents Guide to Safe Surfing (book published in 1997)
- DealofDay.com (one of the web’s first coupon and bargain-hunting sites)
- Google AdSense (either through my AdSense Secrets ebook or The AdSense Code book)
- Live Event (Your first exposure was seeing me speak somewhere or we just interacted at an event I was also attending)
- Podcast (You hadn’t heard of me until you heard my show or as a guest on someone else’s show)
- Twitter Power (you read my book)
- Social Media (you were introduced to me through a post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+ or some other site)
- The Next Internet Millionaire (My reality show was the first time you saw me)
- iFart Mobile (You heard about me through my #1 iPhone application)
- Click Here to Order (Did you read my biography and history of Internet marketing book?)
- KaChing (perhaps you read this book first)
- The Socrates Theme (You heard about me through my best-selling WordPress theme)
- My weight-loss journey (You saw my video detailing how I dropped 50 pounds or read my Project Fit blog)
Of course, it might be that THIS blog post is the first time we’ve met. In which case, welcome to my world. I want to hear from you as well.
Please use the comments field below and fill me in! I would love to hear your story of how we met.